Trapping mice using traditional snap traps is a messy business. Every time you catch a mouse, you have to see it, touch it and smell it when disposing of the body.
The Victor M250S electronic mousetrap offers a new way to tackle your rodent problem without all the mess. You can place it anywhere in your home, and the trap is designed to protect children and pets from harm.
But does this trap really work? We’ll explore this and more in our Victor electronic mouse trap review.
Product Review for Victor M250S No Touch, No See Upgraded Indoor Electronic Mouse Trap
The Victor M250S mouse trap uses a high-voltage shock to kill rodents in seconds. Designed to conceal the mouse, this trap not only humanely kills mice but also saves you from having to see or handle the mouse carcass.
The Victor M250S Electronic Mouse Trap: A no see no touch alternative to traditional snap traps.
The concept is simple:
- Place the bait at the far end of the trap.
- Mice are lured in through the tunnel to gobble up the bait.
- When they enter the kill chamber, they step on an electrified plate.
- A high-voltage shock kills the mouse in seconds.
The trap has a solid design, so you never see the mice getting shocked or their dead bodies. The kill chamber is removable to make it easy to dispose of the mouse and clean it.
Victor M250S Electronic Mouse Trap Features and Benefits
- 100% kill rate
- Comes 1-, 2-, 3- and 4-pack options
- No-touch, no-see rodent trapping
- Beveled columns to prevent escapes
- Removable kill chamber
- An LED indicator light lets you know when a rodent has been caught
- Kills up to 100 mice per set of batteries
- Uses 4 AA batteries
- Dimensions: 3.52” x 1.98” x 7”
- Weight: 7 ounces
The M250S offers a humane way to kill mice without you having to see or even touch them. The kill chamber is removable for easy disposal and cleaning in between uses. An LED indicator light blinks green when the trap catches and kills a rodent. The light will stay on for up to a week, so you can quickly dispose of the mouse after it’s caught.
The no-see, no-touch experience is this trap’s most attractive selling feature, but it also offers something that traditional snap traps can’t provide: safety.
- The tunnel design helps keep small hands and animals out of the trap.
- The safety switch deactivates the trap when it’s opened.
The beveled columns and tunnel help keep mice trapped on the electrified plates, thwarting their escape plans.
Another great advantage of using this trap is that it doesn’t require chemicals or poisons. It can be placed virtually anywhere, so you can catch rodents where they’re most active.
- High kill rate
- Humane way to kill mice
- No-see, no-touch experience
- Safety features to protect children and pets
- Batteries are long-lasting
- Cannot be used outdoors
- Batteries are not included
The only minor drawback is that you must supply your own batteries, and the trap cannot be used outdoors. Due to the nature of this trap (electric shock), it’s not surprising that it cannot be used outdoors where it will be exposed to the elements. Most people already have AA batteries on-hand, but if you don’t, expect to spend a little extra on a pack of batteries.
The hands-off nature of this mouse trap makes it a favorite option among customers.
What are Customers Saying?
Most customers love the M250S because it’s:
- Easy to use
- Not inhumane like glue traps
- Easy to dispose of the mouse without any mess
Some customers call this trap the “Victor M250S cat safe mouse trap” because the opening is too narrow for cats or their paws to fit through.
Of course, like any other product, there are some things that customers don’t like.
- The no-see experience is a bit misleading. You won’t see the mouse getting shocked or the carcass sitting in the trap. However, it’s difficult not to see the mouse when disposing of the body.
- Some people have issues with the blinking light not working properly. Fixing the problem requires a little Victor electronic mouse trap troubleshooting. Customer support can help resolve the problem, or, in the worst case, you can be sent a new trap.
Tips for Use
- Place traps in areas where mice are active.
- The kill indicator light blinks once every 10-15 seconds. When checking the trap, make sure that you wait at least 15 seconds before walking away.
- Use peanut butter for bait. Mice will be attracted to the protein and fat.
The Victor M250S is a simple, effective, and mess-free way to get rid of the mice in your home. All it takes is one high-voltage shock to kill mice in seconds. The removable kill chamber allows you to dispose of the mouse without having to touch it.
It’s not surprising that the Victor M250S is one of our top recommended models for electric mousetraps.